COVID-19: how can we help?
This page is devoted to proposals for helpful tools that we, as an optimization community, might contribute during this tragic situation.
Please send your contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org or comment this page.
- Logistic help: matching surplus patients with available beds in an “optimal way”
- We have just started our collaboration to the fold@home project by making our GPU’s available to the scientific community. If you have GPUs consider joining the global effort
- Shift planning
- A proposal for a more efficient distribution of diagnostic tests
- Covering and localization models for scarce but critical facilities
- Long term goal: explore new optimization methods (protein folding, protein docking) to design protein-protein interactions in the search for personalized a theraphy
- Ruggiero Seccia from Sapienza contributed a simplified nurse scheduling model
- Mirco Soderi, a phd student in Information Engineering, developed Crowded Zone, a WebApp for social distancing