This page is devoted to proposals for helpful tools that we, as an optimization community, might contribute during this tragic situation.
Please send your contributions to email@example.com or comment this page.
- Logistic help: matching surplus patients with available beds in an “optimal way”
- We have just started our collaboration to the fold@home project by making our GPU’s available to the scientific community. If you have GPUs consider joining the global effort
- Shift planning
- A proposal for a more efficient distribution of diagnostic tests
- Covering and localization models for scarce but critical facilities
- Long term goal: explore new optimization methods (protein folding, protein docking) to design protein-protein interactions in the search for personalized a theraphy
- Ruggiero Seccia from Sapienza contributed a simplified nurse scheduling model
- Mirco Soderi, a phd student in Information Engineering, developed Crowded Zone, a WebApp for social distancing