Research Engineer in Florence, Italy
Fleetmatics has an immediate need for a Research Engineer to facilitate the design and development of our award winning web application suite.
This role will be responsible for the in-house research and development of both internal and external service offerings that support Fleetmatics customers and integration partners.
It will use state-of-the-art machine learning and data mining algorithms to analyse our massive datasets.
A strong technical background is expected, and successful applicants will also exhibit leadership or organizational strengths.
- Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent education;
- Strong computer science fundamentals (Algorithms and Data Structures);
- Familiar with Microsoft and Unix/Linux environments;
- Excellent understanding of algorithm design, implementation and testing.
- Ability to read advanced scientific papers and extract the main ideas.
- Excellent communications skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues to all levels of the organization (both technical and non-technical).
- Results oriented with a strong / demonstrated track record of successful delivery.
- Fluent in English.
- 2+ year’s scientific research experience in the field of Computer Science, Data Analytics or Operations Research;
- 2+ Years Programming experience with C++, C#, Java or other relevant OOP languages;
- Hands-on experience with predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, and parallel computing.
- PhD in Computer Science, Data Analytics or Operations Research.
- Advanced knowledge of algorithms and data structures for large scale optimization problems; parallel and distributed programming;
- Experience with R (r-project.org) and Big Data Analytics tools (Hadoop, Spark or similar).
Research Engineer position in Florence (Italy)